Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Escuelita

Every Saturday team mate Sarah and I get to go to something akin to a Vacation Bible School held in a local park. We only have about a dozen kids come, but it is a chance to get to know our neighbors better, as well as share the gospel.

Today we played a couple games, shared the story of Philip and the Ethiopian (the Bible translation left out the eunuch part. I wonder why :P), and had snacks. I worked with a darling girl named Sophia and afterward we played on the amecas (aka columpios) and paseo de manos. There was also a young man who went by Fabri and was always insistent on having a carrera. Despues, corrimos a su casa tambien!

I was reminded of our time with Upward in downtown Dallas. The kids were pretty rough with each other (in fact there was this one that I wanted to show him a lesson more than once!), but more of an issue to me was the environment. The playground is sparse, and the ground is covered in broken glass. I thought of what it would be like to clean it all up. How much time until it was covered again?

Las Violetas are also in need of being cleaned. What might the testimony be for a group to come and just spend a week cleaning up the neighborhood? I'm certain there would be a lot of questioning looks, which might lead to great conversations about why we come ("Because there's this guy named Jesus..."). Who knows?

Just a thought. Time for almuerzo though, so adios.

1 comment: