Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More chicken fun

Certain sounds for Latinos are hard to differentiate. So by chicken, we actually have to make sure they switch the sounds so that they say what they really mean--kitchen! Chicken.. Kitchen.. so close!

Esta noche, yo aprendi como cocinar an Argentinian specialty, Tortas Fritas. Though en nuestra parte del pais, I think you can just call them Fritos. Asi las patatas fritas. As Eva described them, they are are like sopapijas (sopapillas for Mexican pronunciation), just not hollow. To better understand their taste as US-ers, I would tell you that if you add some powdered sugar, you've pretty much got yourself some Carnival style funnel cake. Translation: Kathryn Banas would thoroughly approve of how unhealthy they are for you!
Notice how tan I look! (Don't worry, it's just the lighting.)
Eva had made the dough, but she said I can make it myself next time. My official cooking day is Friday, so I also have asked her ensen(y)arme how to make tortillas from scratch. Can't wait!

Last night, as some of us scrounged for dinner, we laughed as Heather accidentally pulled off the stove door. I wish you could have seen her surprised face! All in a day's adventure a la casa en Las Palmas! Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment