Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Coincidentally...


Freedom for a few hours from our conference this weekend allowed us to show our lovely German friends some of the beautiful sights of the city. The classics were involved: St. Martin's square, Cathedral of Cappuccinos as well as Patio Olmos.

We happened to hear some Deutsch from a few folks passing by and we made note. "They certainly look German," Carol had said.

A little later, we came to one of the original Jesuit missions that has been turned into a university, but now serves for tourists like us to take pretty picture(s) . Yet, there's more to the picture above. If you can zoom in, you will see a young man in a blue shirt. He had come up to the plaza we were in, and I timidly asked him, "Sprechen zie Deutsch?"

His eyes widened. "How did you know?! Do I LOOK German?" Well, actually, he responded a little bit in German, but then I replied in Spanish that I didn't understand but my two friends are German.. and so he said with excitement in the English you've already read.

I asked more about his travels and how long he was staying. Ariane, very boldly, got to tell him that the reason she is here is to tell people about the most important person in her life: Jesus Christ. So cool, right?

In that moment, had we not Ariane, we would not have gotten to share that good news with that young man. More than that, we would not have been there in the first place. There are no accidents with God.

We moved on to visit Buen Pastor and the Cathedral. At Buen Pastor, we enjoyed the fountain dances, as they are literally called in Spanish. Every week day, you can catch the fuente danzadas at 5pm/7pm/9pm and on the weekends, they are more frequent. I couldn't help too, trying to take a good picture of what most of the plazas in the city look like:
That is, full of young adults sharing maté and playing cards. Uno is a favorite around here, but there are also traditional games I am looking forward to learning. So I took this photo above by hiding it under my jacket (as seen top right) and having Sarah direct my zoom.

We moved on to the Cathedral, where we saw our Austrian friend once again. He was entering as we were exiting, so we made our cordial nods of recognition. It wasn't until I reflected on how much I liked the picture above though, that I realized something else. See the two people sitting in the background in front of the glass wall? On the right side. Slightly to the left of the girl in the foreground with the white jacket. That's them!!

I guess that means we're supposed to pray for them, don't you think?

Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment