Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Escuelita, two-week update

I realized that last week, I didn't get to tell you about Escuelita, the Saturday morning ministry Sarah and I take part in. Well, let me tell you!

Last week, it was pretty rainy and cold, so we decided to bring it indoors. Above is a shot of us about to have our snack time. You can't really see everyone, but on the left in the striped jacket is Alberto, the one holding the young'n is Luciano. Further back there's Johanna and Flor and many more!

I enjoyed this particular Saturday because we (well, Javi) got to share the gospel. Now, I do not have many expectations as to whether they really mean it or not, but I am praying about that. I have yet to understand the age of accountability, well, simply because it's different for everyone. Plus, as you see us about to partake in snacks, I often wonder if kids come for the food more than anything else. Nonetheless, it's great to share, and I'm encouraged to keep sharing as the weeks progress.

This Saturday was probably one of our best though. I agreed with Sarah when we talked afterward that we feel much more connected with each kiddo now. I particularly got to help with a worksheet about the creation story with Luciano. He's a kid that often causes a lot of trouble, and is rebellious when it comes to following the rules in our games. But in this moment, I realized that he can't read (he's 9 years old!) very well, and that if one spends quality time with him, he will be a great kid! Once again, proof that presence is way more valuable than presents.

I hope you will pray with me for kids like Luciano, and for the many weeks of Escuelita ahead of us! Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment