Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Packages make the world go round

So far I've received two packages. Unfortunately due to the excitement of receiving the first from my parents, I have no photo. The candy disappeared ahem.. rather quickly, and the other valuables have been tucked away for future use.

Today's package was a welcome gift for more than just the Skittles and boots that will help me survive the rain (and fancy that they match my umbrella--I think that was planned!). The reason comes from getting to do some city searching on my own.

I missed the two opportunities of receiving my package at my door. Instead, I had to plan the closest bus route to the post office. First step: success. Next step, communicating all the necessary cosas to receive my package: success. Final step: finding the bus home. Oops.. forgot to check that one, as I didn't remember until the time we left that it's not as simple as going to the other side of the road, facing the other direction.

'But wait,' I said to myself. 'This area looks somewhat familiar.' So we walked a little this way.. a little that way. Then who should appear but Javi's mom and sister, who only speak Spanish. After showing our genuine excitement for running into them on this side of town, I asked if they knew how to get home. We were on the right track! Within a couple minutes, we found our stop. And yet, there's more!

I found postcards! The first I've seen since I've been here! So one more quick stop, and then we got home (and saw Gustavo on the way there). The boots fit perfect, the Skittles are saved for special occasions (such as sharing some today with Coco for his birthday), and the other little gifts will make great prizes for my kiddos. I'm so excited to share :D. ¡Qué lindo!

Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment