Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tonta

I'm just being silly, but I want to write this down.

I never imagined coming to a Latin American country and not having sour cream. Both Sarah and I have contemplated this issue, especially as we are deciding what to make this week when each of us has a cooking day.

"Mmm!" Sarah sighed. "I want to make enchiladas!"

"Enchiladas! How come we have forgotten about enchiladas?!" we thought. After all, it wasn't until just last week that we made fajitas for the first time. Obviously our ideas of what constitutes as Latin food was ill perceived.

So onto this sour cream business. Ahh, the recipe calls for buttermilk. We both look at each other. "Do we have buttermilk?"

"Oh look," I say. "There's a recipe for a buttermilk substitute." Then I think some more, "How funny would it be if we had homemade sour cream made with an alternative version of buttermilk?"

I then proceed to read the ingredients for buttermilk: "Lemon juice or vinegar with cream of tartar sauce..."

Do we have cream of tartar sauce?

No comments:

Post a Comment