Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Who knew?

What I have is a sinus infection. I don't think I've ever experienced this before because of a little thing called ear candles.

Yes, everyone responds that way when I say ear candles, but if you don't believe me, just click here. And maybe they don't actually work like the Wikipedia article says (after all, Wiki is the end all of world knowledge). All I know is my sinuses cleared up every time.

Any who, it's a little different here in Argentina. I have some antibiotics, but I'm so congested, it's often difficult to sleep. I've never experienced the bending down and all of my face and forehead hurting from so much pressure! So I did one of the most important home remedies: I talked to my mom.

That helped a lot, as we just chatted about life and she eventually prayed for me before my battery died. While I had every intention of then going to sleep as rest is the priority for any sickness, I was intrigued by this saline solution idea that had sprung up in conversation with mom on what might help.

So I began boiling the water filled with salt and inhaling process. Then out of curiosity, I decided to check out some other home remedies that the world wide web has to offer.

I realized I'm doing one major thing right, and that is drinking lots of water. But then I learned something else. Boiling garlic is another great thing to inhale. Well.. okay.

So in the process of that I find some other fun ones such as eating a jalepeño pepper. Hmm.. Argentina doesn't have these spicy things, what else? Why, a paste of cinnamon and water applied to the forehead of course!

I'm sure you would love a photo. However, I have just a little bit of pride about this, and besides I need to go to bed. Hehe. At least now YOU may know what to do when your sinuses attack your entire system!! Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment