Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Under the wire

A quick recap of God's blessings to help my November blog quota go up one more.

Woke up extra early to make a torta for the boys' institute. Unfortunately couldn't go with them because I had to go to the dentist. So Eva and I walk to the local Odontologia only to find it's.. not open. So I come back, read some pleasant mail (see below), watch some Erwin McManus, and tie together some friendship bracelets.

A little while later, the folks come back to say that we have to wait to hang out with the boys until tomorrow. Sweet! I didn't miss getting to hang with them!

Then it's lunch, and I ever so slowly attempt to chew my way through some empanadas. Later, I work on some Bible studies for Escuelita in the future as I wait for Andrea to take me to the dentist in the afternoon. I proceed to miss out on going to the girls' institute instead, which is a bummer, but I'll live. Sarah said that it was a good time and twas nothing too exciting.

Andrea and I go to a house. You know, like the neighborhood grocer, everyone's gotta have a neighborhood dentist. The woman opens up her home where there is one operating chair. I sit down, and explain that it just needs to be glued back down.

"Yeah, but what is it?" She asks.

Um.. it's a retainer, because I had very crooked teeth. She finds some "cemento" and begins to glue it back down. Nothing is as bad as it seems. It's quite lovely to walk in, not have to fill out any paper work, and just get started. We're done in about 15 minutes too.

She talked with Andrea during the operation, and they noted how still and patient I was. When I had a moment, I said, "Of course! I want to eat!" They laughed.

Andrea timidly asked at the end how much it would cost. 40 pesos. 40 PESOS!! Ten bucks!! How great is that?

Chau.

1 comment:

  1. So awesome... I went to the dentist Wednesday and it cost me $50 for a cleaning, X-rays, polish, and cancer check... And it cost my insurance another $150. I'm glad you could get it fixed so easily, cheaply, and fast.

    ReplyDelete