Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

All things Buenos Aires

I've decided to divide ministry time from play time in Bs. As. And since I just uploaded a lot of pictures, I figured I'd take care of the play time first. Entonces..

South America has mad respect for not only San Martin, but Cristofo Colombo too. Ever heard of him? :P

(Plus, I'm in love with the clouds. I feel like I got a lot of great takes of God's magnificence among the architecture of man.)
Here we are at Puerto Madero, a newer section of Buenos. Say hi to Ari and Carol on the bottom right, under the harp bridge. At least that's what I call it.

My favorite part was receiving some free Havana chocolate. Havana is quite delicious. I do say you must try some someday!

I can officially not cry for Argentina at the Casa Rosada, or Parliament building. If you've seen Evita, you understand this. If you haven't seen it, don't.

Ok, that was harsh, but in my opinion, it's just not that great. The main thing is a lot of important things happen here for the sake of the country, and we got to see it all for free! I wish I got to take a night picture, because they set up these purple lights against the walls and it looks very cool!
Ah yes. This picture means so much to me, I plan on devoting a whole other post to the Obelisco, but here is a far away shot first.
I had to include this. The highlight of Buenos Aires for Heather was that she got to enjoy Starbucks (there is rumor of one being built in Cordoba next year) not once, not twice, but three times. I considered it, but then remembered I don't really like coffee any way. However, how could I resist this Argentinian moment? Kind of reminds me of Rome, when a monk was in front of me for gelato.

Oh hello again pretty church with cool sky. The double tower trend continues...

We then headed to one of the older and classic sections of the city but were surprised to find this. When we got closer it turned out it wasn't a demonstration as we first thought, but a crazy parade of some sort. Unfortunately, the people were not well dressed, so we avoided watching all that passed by. And to think I saw it, or didn't see it in San Telmo. The percussion was quite fun though!


What is Argentina without tango? I have been telling Sarah how much I want to learn this dance. She keeps reminding me about how sensual it is. I said that certainly I can learn the not-so-bad version, and besides, all I really want to do is tango with my husband. "Yes, but how will you learn before hand?"

Good point. Thankfully, these two, also in the San Telmo district, proved that you can have fun without being risque. Thanks folks! Chau for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment