Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Every moment counts

We had some precious time with Maria Eugenia today. I don't know what you're thinking about our time at the girls institute, especially if you've been paying attention to how fluctuating it is. First there's ten girls, then there are three, then one, then two, and almost every time, we have some sort of trouble communicating, or maintaining attention, or something. The battle is truly a spiritual one.

Sometimes I'm thinking I've started a friendship, especially when we talk about studying English or the Bible. Then I don't see the girl(s) for several weeks, even when I up my ante of coming more than once a week!

For me, it's not a surprise anymore. My prayers change to asking God to make the most of the opportunities I do have. Maybe I focus this week on the baby that doesn't seem to get as much attention; maybe next week I just listen; sometimes my job is simply being the consistent one bringing the snack, allowing those who can speak Castellano well to do so.

Today we had some good time sharing the gospel with Maria Eugenia, and some hang out and relax time as well. We brought the necklaces that we had made for her birthday (we never got to celebrate for complicated reasons) and handed them out in addition to these for the women to put the pictures of their children in:
And by the way, we MADE these. As in, JD cut the wood, I did some gluing and painting. Argentina = progressively turning into a handy woman!

Any way, we continued conversing with Maria as she made her bracelet, and while she had to go to the bathroom, I turned to Jenny. "This is going well, no?"

"Yes," she said to me. "It's a shame that she's leaving soon and not coming back."

"True," I responded. "Although, with God, every moment counts. We can trust Him to take care of the rest."

May I remember this myself! Seems to be a lesson I learn all the time here.

P.S. Sarah did a great job of teaching, in Spanish, how to make the bracelets. Way to go hermana!

Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment