Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Más alla de la vida

One should remember that the only movie I paid full price for last year was The Green Zone. And now, other than Narnia, I pursued the first of perhaps 4 Matt Damon movies of the year. Go ahead and laugh. I can take it. I can also say that movies here are about a fourth of the price most of you pay. So there.

This one, known in English speaking countries as Hereafter, was "Eh." I hear that's an official ranking these days.

I walked out thinking something similar to what I felt after August Rush. Those two hours could have easily been reduced to about 20 or 25 minutes. At least this time, the characters were a bit more likeable, and one of them was well.. Matt Damon. ha.

The good thing was that it made me remember how real death is for everyone and as I rode in silence on the bus home, the wind from a perfect evening hit my face. It still feels surreal this night--being in Argentina and getting to serve as I do. Only a few days after having returned from a group of people I feel like I've known all my life.

Certainly every moment counts, and I have so much more ahead of me. I have so many dreams, and I want to live life to the fullest.. without missing a second.. being faithful to my Lord. I guess that means I should turn off my computer and finish reading from good ole Clive Staples for the evening. Maybe take into account his words that remind us that we've never talked to a mere mortal... Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment