Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Adventures in bus riding

First, it was Ari who wanted to leave. She was afraid of being late to be picked up by Andrea as we were on the other side of town enjoying a delicious meal from our favorite Colombians. I reminded her not to worry as Andrea and Raul are almost always late (on time for Uruguayan standards), but nonetheless Ari insisted on waiting closer to the bus stop. When the bus came, I waved it down, and gave my quick beso to my dear friends so I could get on the bus.

Only, Ari took a little too long to give a hug to Johanna and so the bus left without us.

Then when we finally got on the bus, Sarah noticed a man staring at her from another. She turned to me to explain this information, so I looked at him directly and began to wave. He smiled and waved back while the bus parted ways from ours.

I love riding the bus. Seeing people, especially the teenagers, that I know in random parts of town. I had nudged Samuel, our director, at one point, after seeing him take the R8 with us. It wasn't until afterward that I thought how awkward it could have been if I had mistook him for a complete stranger.

Then there's all the slipping and sliding around. Not only when you're standing, but when your sitting too, the seats are so slippery. I always have to readjust to make sure I'm sitting somewhat erect. Good times, great oldies.

Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment