Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Challenging thought of the day

I finally got around to listening to Paul Washer. Someone from the conference in Holland suggested I have a listen, and now five months later, I have to say...

Wow.

I will sum up what he said that made me think, so that you too, may dwell:

Many of us desire to be completely free of God. We want to make our own decisions. We want to live the way we want. And yet, when there is so much pain and suffering in the world, all happening because of the freedom man has to do what he/she wants, we demand that God step in. We even question God's love for the world when it seems that He doesn't. Could it be that we can't handle the freedom we desire? Do we see how our one decision to turn away from God can snowball into the death and demise of the innocent?

And we call God unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment