Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Awww shucks

For those of you who know me, this is one of my phrases. I would like to say I reserve it for special moments in particular. But that is not the case. It comes out when I'm happy, when I'm annoyed (and thus using it sarcastically), when people say nice things to me, etc. etc.

This time, it came out when I received a lovely package from my parents. First, when I received this oh-so-darling penguin oven mitt. After all, I do love penguins, I love to cook, and am now sporting three burns on my hands from three different occasions. It's like they know me or something. hehe.

The phrase escaped my mouth a second time when I received such lovely letters from most of my cousins and aunts and uncles and grandma and grandpa to encourage me in my time here. I can't pick a favorite, because they are all great!

And it came out once again when I realized I had received word from my adopted kid in India named Deep. He said that he's praying for me, and I just sighed.

Awww shucks indeed. Chau.

1 comment: