Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Feeling Argentinian

30 pesos = 7.50 USD
Yesterday I went to what can only be described as a SWEET AWESOME FERIA. That is, a fair. Very similar to say, a state fair, and only feeling more awesom-er because it's in another country so you get to see things you've never seen before. Ponchos, ukeleles, purses, jewelry, gaucho pants, etc. AND you can put a "handmade" in front of all of those words. I'm telling you it's intense!

It was such a happy atmosphere too. Sarah and I walking up to get the "missionary" discount, and joining literally thousands of people looking for something creative (not hard to find).

I got all sorts of treats, mainly for family or friends (so I can't tell you what I got until I get back), but I did get one thing for me. Another maté. This one is made of metal, so that means I don't have to prepare it like one made of a gourd (more traditional) or one made of wood (which I have from Puerto Madryn).

So while I did my Monday morning cooking routine, I decided to prepare myself some Yerba. Oh I'm soooooo Argentinian now! hehe. Excuse me, jeje.
yummy yummy Orange flavored yerba!!
In other news, I finally received the wedding invite to the Rojas' wedding. Thankfully I still have 4 days to spare in order to RSVP. Unfortunately, don't think I'll make it. [emoticon]

No comments:

Post a Comment