Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Los ados

When I came back to Córdoba, I had all day to unpack, to clean up a little bit and resettle before ministry started again. I have packed my weekends with hanging out with youth and let me tell you that it is the best part of my week.

Friday nights, I join Iglesia Santa Rosa where I mainly just serve as needed. It's a funny meeting, always, as it never starts on time. No matter what time I show up (often times, much later than the week before), I still end up being too early. The other day I had been hanging out in the kitchen with a few youth for at least 40 minutes when one of the other leaders came in and asked me if I would prepare a game.

Well.. given no advance notice and no resources, I said, "Sure." And we played 4 on a couch for almost an hour and a half. They had never played before and they loved it! If there's one trick up my sleeve it is the fact that I come from a different games-we-played-in-high-school background. Thanks God!

Then on Saturday, we had a small group over for the youth from our neighborhood where I taught a version of hot seat. This went exceptionally well as it allowed us to be even more open with each other than we've ever been! I was so impressed with how honest each of them were, and was thankful that we've reached a point at which we trust each other well enough to be so.

Even though we didn't get to the lesson, as we were discussing some deep things, I was very happy on that night. I wanted to spend a little quiet, reflecting with tears of joy moment in my room after. So beautiful!

In all of this, I have seen various needs that I need to be better at lifting up in prayer. For the Friday night group, a desire to not just play games, but to be excited about the message as well. For the Saturday night crowd, a greater desire to come and know each other well. In both, an increased passion for the gospel. For me, to be bold in constantly sharing that gospel, even when I lack so much of the ability to communicate well. Oh Lord, teach me!!

Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment