Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

TWIM action

So this week in ministry includes a nice little plethora of sorts. Here's the play-by-play (without paragraph divisions--today I feel lazy):

Monday: Cooked some enchiladas. Tried a new recipe, and went well. Had invited a girl that works at the local panaderia (bread store), but she didn't come. Will have to try again. For the afternoon, I went to help out at el Refugio, but Maria Sol didn't come. Just hung out with some of the boys in the street. They tried to get me to open the doors, but I could see mischief written all over their faces. Ended the evening with a team prayer meeting.

Tuesday: Morning went to boys institute, but only Rodrigo dos was there. Tried to teach him to use a computer program that is a functioning knock-off of Photoshop. He was easily distracted, so he wrestled me and was surprised how I could take him down. I tried to tell him that I have a brother, and my dad has taught me the basics for defense. In the afternoon, we went to see Jessica, only to find Belen in her place. Cool moment: Sarah and I were prepared to teach English and to draw with Jessica. Belen doesn't like to draw, but the director told us that she had a feeling we were coming unprepared for Belen. Therefore, she brought some yarn and a crochet needle just in case. It was perfect! I just played with the daughter, in which she beat me up :P.

Wednesday: Enjoyed the morning off, followed by an afternoon of visiting the boys. There were more this time, and we stayed in the institute to continue to teach the photo program. We stayed longer than normal, so I had to leave early to make it back to Las Violetas. Met with Nieves to work on our project for Friday night's youth group. We are in charge of teaching the story (history, genealogy, etc. included) of Esther. We got most of it finished, but I had to return home early for our team meeting.

Thursday: Day off, technically. Usually I meet with Noemi, but the buses weren't running to the center. This isn't a problem for me, as I prefer to walk, but I think she can't. Therefore, another calm morning. I did a lot of reading, hoping to finish Little Women soon. I didn't think I'd like this book, but I've already decided it's one I'd like to read to my kids (if and when that time comes)! For the afternoon, Nieves and I continued our preparation (taking about 5 hours for me) to bring you...

Whaddya think? I know it's a little long, but vale la pena in my opinion. hehe. In the evening, Eva, Heather and I watched the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I might have comments about this movie for a later post (as well as Marie Antoinette directed by Sophia Coppola, which I also had watched this week).

Friday: Today, which isn't over, but that's okay. Not too long ago, I got back from visiting Flor and Betania. It's sort of a weekly habit now. I enjoy it thoroughly as I am able to talk about the Bible with them most of the time. We have some very fun discussions, and I'm very thankful for this opportunity to meet with "my people" as I call teenagers and young adults. We'll see how youth group goes tonight, and then tomorrow there's Escuelita and the meeting with the teenagers in our barrio. Ministry schedules are rather scatter-brained at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment