Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fwah!*

Do you ever feel too young for something?

I think the first time it happened was when a mother asked advice about her 13 year old, pot smoking son. I was 21 at the time but felt much younger--a grown woman wanted advice on how to be a mother.. from me?

Today I met with someone seeking out whether or not he was supposed to marry a certain woman. Both of them are 10 years older than single, ol' me.

Then tonight a father was searching out what it means for his daughter to choose the life of a missionary.

If and when I give advice, especially these days, I usually still end up with the same three words. I don't know. I don't know what's best, slash, I may not have completely understood the dilemma considering you're speaking to me in another language. I can explain how I've felt with similar experiences from my past, or from friends (or even friends of friends), but ultimately you are you and I am me.

God, on the other hand does know. I think sometimes He will put into our lives very clear propositos, as they're called in Spanish. We English-speaking folk call them purposes. He'll make it very clear how one should respond to certain events in our lives. Sometimes it's not so clear: it's more "lamp-unto-my-feet-and-light-unto-my-path" sorta thing where all we can see is one step ahead (if that in some cases).

All this to say that you're welcome to ask me and I can tell you what I (think I) know. In fact, I'll be most grateful that you told me because it let's me know that you value me. But rest more assured that God knows and loves you more than I ever could and I hope you're encouraged to talk with Him about whatever it is. And to top that all off with a lovely, juicy cherry, I'll be praying for you! Chau!

*I had a conversation with a friend today about the sounds of the Argentinians. This is the sound of surprise or of being overwhelmed. I kind of love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment