Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike

Happy Birthday to me!!! So it's a couple weeks now and I haven't written about the amazing birthday party I had with all my friend's at Maria Elena's. I never got around to talking about how great it was to be constantly greeted with "Feliz Cumple!" and wonderful hugs, and lovely presents and birthday cards by the youth group of Santa Rosa (and a few others). Oh how we shared delicious empanadas and pizzas and fiambres! How we gathered in a circle and I received some encouraging words.

I also enjoyed on the day of a time with Sarah to say goodbye to each other at Il Gatto, where I had some deliciousness too good for words.

But.. well.. if I could rank them.. the bike.. no well, the bike comes third.

First comes my dad singing to Dora the Explorer to me. We had chatted the Sunday before and at the end he not only sang, but danced. He mimicked Sarah from this video, and all of us had a good chuckle.

Second is the fact that my little Nolan is walking now! And his first steps happened to come on the 24th. A truly priceless gift!

Then comes the beauty we see at the beginning. I mean look at it. Pink! A basket!! If it's not the perfect bike for getting around Córdoba, I don't know what is. hehe. Seriously though, it cuts my travel time to the boys' institute to 40 minutes there and back, as opposed to 1 hour and 46 minutes.

I have been warned not to ride at night. As Carlos, husband of Maria Elena, explained to me, "Riding your bike at night is like a 1,000 peso on wheels for robbers."

Maria Elena has already staked her claim on it for when I leave. Her son Johnny asked me directly after seeing it the first time whether it was mine. "Of course it is! Do you like it?" I responded.

"Nope - it's pink!"

"Good. Less chance that you'll steal it from me then," I laughed.

Just.. have.. to.. get used to riding uphill again. And of course, I'll have to think of a name.

No comments:

Post a Comment