Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The quinceniera doll

Steph and I have had the room to ourselves for a couple weeks now. We are both pretty chill, and in and out of the room at opposite times due to differences in ministry.

One day, I went to bed and noticed that this doll that was given to me during Abi's 15th birthday party was moved to Steph's side of an adjoining book case. 'That's odd,' I thought as I moved it back to my side.

Two weeks later, again, the doll had moved. This time the lamp that we use at night was also moved over. 'Maybe she thinks the doll is hers,' I thought, and decided just to leave it because I was too tired/lazy.

Yesterday morning she mentioned something about the doll. I explained that I keep it as a reminder of the night, as well as the fact that people take the 15th bday very seriously here.

"Yeah," she mentioned. "It's almost a bigger deal than weddings." Steph and Joy went to a wedding earlier this year.

"I was wondering," I began. "Why it keeps appearing on your side of the bookshelf."

She looked at me with wide eyes. "I have been wondering the same thing!!" she squealed.

At first, it seemed to be a case of the moving doll, but I didn't stop there. "And is there a reason you moved the lamp?" I asked.

"I didn't move the lamp! I thought you did!"

We laughed, though paused soon after to contemplate.

"Ah-ha!" I mentioned, in my best Sherlock Holmes impression. "When Eva cleans the windows every now and then, she must move our things and doesn't know what belongs to whom!"

Steph and I agreed, and laughed again at the idea that neither of us had wanted to say anything, because it wasn't that big of a deal in the first place. It did make us wonder though. haha

Chau.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I had a problem Similar with my roommate in college having to do with our Food in our fridge. It was a small fridge so we each had our own shelf, the friends who would come over and they would move stuff back and forth to see what was at the back of the fridge not knowing they were messing with our system. each of us were wondering why the other would claim mustard and Ketchup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. yep. the complications from having a roommate!

    ReplyDelete