Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Operation Lumber Room continues

One of the first tasks given to me among the OM team was to help organize the back room. I would like to remind our faithful readers what it looked like before:
And now, ladies and gentlemen, let me get you up to date (with a shout out to JD, Sarah and Javi for their help):
First, let us take note that a floor does exist; that the golgotha is well hidden (phew); that there are bookshelves that even have some order to them (now).

The trick is to make sure and dedicate at least a day to this sort of thing. I mean, I've gone back there a couple of times to organize, but with as much traffic that can happen in a given week, it's been hard to keep things up to date. Thankfully, with a house to myself and most ministries on hold for the vacation time, I've been free to make this happen. And our (Javi helped, after all) eyes opened to another task. Before followed by after (surprise, surprise):

So you probably don't see as much of a difference this time, but I tell you that it's there. For one, I had the privilege of transferring that large stack of bricks. This led to me making many new friends--from cockroaches, to spiders, to slugs. No, I wasn't hungry after. haha. But seriously, we enjoyed a nice Arabic empanada meal at Javi's house in Las Violetas after. Perfect for refueling.

There are other major plans in the works to be continued next Monday. As a person who loves organizing, it was weirdly enough, a treat for me to feel like another large section of the house is well kempt (and cockroach free. Eek!).

In the evening, I was invited to Maria Sol's bday party. It was a small gathering where we played Mafia and Chancho, which is a version of Spoons without spoons. There was general hang out and lots of laughs. Sol gave a speech when the cake was presented, and it was an honor to be singled out as one of her new close friends. I am so blessed by her!

The group that was staying at Iglesia Santa Rosa for the night walked with me to my home. I chatted with hermanito Johnny about life before parting ways at the closest bus stop. It was the first time for me to arrive to a truly empty house. Surreal. A little scary, but not so bad. I fell fast asleep and awoke to the doorbell. Three packages arrived, and they all happened to be for me! Thanks mom and pops, and thanks to the Marlatts as well!!!
Hehe. Bottom left includes a wedding invite to Terra and Billy's wedding, that you know, happened last weekend. Hope they don't mind that I didn't get to send them my RSVP slash, didn't come. Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment