Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Thanks, Mom

So I'm sitting here in the house.. finishing up some of the laundry from the crazy slumber party we just had.. watching some How I Met Your Mother.. when all the lights go out. 

Well, remember that whole, I-like-organizing thing? Turns out, in the kitchen, we have a supply of candles for moments like these. Also turns out that someone used the "tuna"* to make herself some "tuna" and mac and cheese for lunch last week (so glad I have the Sunkist kind now). All that to say, an empty can readily available as well.

Why do I thank mom? She's the one that taught me to drip the wax of a newly lit candle into the bottom of a can so it will stand up straight and you won't burn your hand. Kind of important. It was a random phone call we had when I still had the Jeep (so high school) and how I needed an emergency pack in case I'm stuck in the car with no heat. Although now, thinking about how I lived in Texas, this sort of seems unwarranted.

Any how, I feel capable of taking care of myself and felt like writing about the experience. Or maybe I'm just silly tired. Being sola in the house for the next week will be Legend, wait for it..








Dairy. hehe.

*Why do I love that the Spanish for tuna is just putting the "a" in front? Answer: I have no idea.. (giggles profusely)

No comments:

Post a Comment