Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What did we do any way?

At least 300.



Well, there were a LOT of these...

And on Tuesday we had over 110 kids...

Every day featured your typical, alfajor and mate cocido...

And there were workshops like baking bread, making periscopes, making clown puppets, sports, learning about instruments, and oh yeah...

the workshop Eva and I was in charge of...





Dance.
You betchya we looked like a bunch of fools out there. This was one of the ways we warmed up--walking around on all fours. Not exactly my favorite, but definitely got the blood pumping. What was neat about the week was using the gifts (thanks pops for those hips that don't lie) and talents (white girl's got rhythm, say what?*) to get kids excited about coming to church. We would do silly things, like be mirror images to Irish jig music (great mental picture, no? hehe) or stretches that brought our feet behind our head(!), etc. etc.

It was a week long event during winter vacation. Something the church, that the OM team is involved with, puts together every year. I would describe it as an Argentine version of Vacation Bible School. From 2-5pm, the children gather for games, the aforementioned workshops, a Bible story (told by an amazing teacher!), and snack.

I got close with a couple of girlies, and this one in particular was, how shall I say it? Pegahosa. That is to say, she was stuck to me like white on rice.
The sad news is I didn't get to see her or her cousin Martina the last day of the week. I had planned to sit down with them and pray with them. I guess God has other plans. But if you could pray for Florencia, Martina and Martina's two brothers Franco and Rodrigo, it would be much appreciated.

It was a lot of work, and I was glad to be a support, but once again, I'm glad to be back to get to work with my teens again! Until next time, chau!

*Went to a gym this morning for some Latin dancing. The instructor commented that I got the moves down better than some of her clients who have been coming for years! haha

1 comment: