Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Flood

Do you ever just suddenly have a rush of emotion? The type where you think back on the day and all the extreme feelings exhausted in less than 12 hours' time? Enter Saturday...

First, there was Escuelita. We had more kids come, encouraging. I got to teach, focusing on Psalm 119:105, and found out later that one of the girls who has been asking her mom to stop coming to Escuelita, enthusiastically ran home to quote the verse! But.. there was the fact that one girl, one who is usually sweet and helpful had a tantrum because she didn't want to share. And she did this in front of everyone while we were awarding her for memorizing the week's verse. What do you do in that situation?

I had a break time to prepare some games for youth group, and I was able to have some reflection time which was very calming. I was excited for the meeting we were about to have.

Only, it was smaller than usual. I found out later that one of the girls was having a birthday party, so it made sense, and all was right again. Maria Sol presented the Bible story and she did a great job. Flor stayed later to talk about some things going on in her life, and we had some good laughs. She told me that now that she's single again (another long story), she has the potential to come with me for a vacation to the States when I return in 2012!

Then I met with Noemi for a movie night, where afterward we went to a nearby bar to chat. She told me more about what's going on with a friend of hers, and we got into some pretty deep conversation. Very cool!

I decided to check my email once more before calling it a night, only to read that a friend from college is very, very sick.

Perhaps it is hard to read between the lines and sense my mix of emotions. Perhaps I am very sensitive to the changing of tides throughout the day. But that's the Christian life, isn't it? Reacting to what comes your way, and letting yourself either keep it under your control, or put it in His hands.

Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment