Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Good times, great bus stories

Some of you may have read about Marta. The main thing to remember is we waited over 45 minutes for a bus (two having passed us because they were too full), only to take a bus that went in a different direction than normal. I still got home, no harm no foul, but it was quite a wait.

This week, I decided again to take the bus home, but this time wait at the stop that has more busses I can take to pass. I also had to buy one more cospel, which a majority of kiosks sell. This day, there was a shortage. Strike number one. I finally found one and waited at the E/E1/E2 stop, all three of which I can utilize. Strike number two was the fact that the E4 (the one I had waited forever for last week) past before my pouting face. Thankfully, just a few minutes later and I had my E2. There was even plenty of open seats!

So I sat comfortably, enjoying the view along Colon avenue. We turn and then...

How do you spell the sound of an engine that won't ignite? Imagine it three or four times. Everyone waited uncomfortably to see if the driver would try again. I think he was too embarrassed, as he didn't say anything at all. One by one, we left our seats, continuing our journey by foot.

Only in Argentina? I don't know about that, but yet another experience with the lovely public transportation system. Yet another reason I prefer to ride my bike or walk.

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment