Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Meet Marcos

Marcos is not a believer. And while he knows that I'm a missionary, and pretty adamant about loving Jesus, he still invites me over for some warm milk and music. He loves music (very good at piano and guitar). And the Simpsons. The talking point that led us to hang out in the first place.
Then again, we don't hang out all that often, but it's fun when we do. We play poker and I beat him. We chat about how to get over a broken heart, as he has most recently lost his girlfriend of a year and a half.
My heart breaks for him every now and then, as he makes minute comments that lead me to believe he's really hurting over his parents' separation. For this reason, more than anything else, it's hard to have many deep conversations in the first place. He's avoiding. He's hiding.
It's hard to watch him leave after our hang out times to go smoke weed with his friends.

Join me in prayer for my friend. Pray that I might have the words--to have the right questions ready so we could get to the heart of the matter. That he may grow into a mature young man who loves Jesus too.

Chau.

1 comment:

  1. he's precious! and i love little sneaks like this into your life in argentina. i know the Lord is using you a lot over there, but i can't wait to have you back here! love and miss you. siempre y para siempre. ps. we should skype soon. :)

    ReplyDelete