Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Random, y como no me di cuenta q hoy era 9/11

How come every time I go to the mall now I just think about how I could possibly make the clothes/things that I want myself? I remember watching a Shane Claiborne interview about how he sews his own clothes, and never thought I would be capable of doing so as well. Well.. let's be honest, I'm still not capable, but it's within grasp now that we have a sewing machine in the house, and I've learned a thing or two..

But I'm in one of those "save the world" kicks in general, you see, thus feeling the need to recycle our plastic bottles in the house like we used to. On my bike ride to Wal-Mart, the closest place to deposit your plastics, I was convicted to pick up all the "Pritty" discarded bottles along the way. My little frontside basket isn't large enough, so I literally made two trips.

On a completely different note, church was lovely tonight. We just sang songs, and they were requests from church members. After each song, the person who requested the song had the opportunity to share why they did so. Two people chose a cancion about how God is their Father--both explained how they loved the song because they don't have earthly fathers. "At least this way, I can think of God as the father I never had," they said.

And then there was the fact that my grandma Zulema is telling folks how proud she is of my ability to speak Spanish even though I'm so "gringa." haha. I'm still smiling about this. Ok, goodnight. Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment