Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Walking into each other

Everyone tells me not to walk to Maria Elena's. "You're taking the bus, right?"

I nod. But when I get outside and it's so beautiful, I change my mind again and I walk.

Eight o'clock around here is actually quite busy. I'm less afraid with more people around. And I know all that talk about robberies can make one worry, but I stay guarded. That and hardly ever have anything worth stealing with me.

Besides the point... yesterday something "me llamo la atencion." Caught me. Stuck with me, if you will.

For the second time now, the directors from the teenage mother's home asked if we could come more than once a week. It's not that I don't want to--it's that I want to be careful with what free time I do have. It's difficult when recently I feel like it's "go, go, go" all the time.

But such is this life, no?

I chatted with Flor this morning about possibly going on Wednesday mornings. Instead of sharing mate together like we usually do, we can make morning visits. She was excited about this idea, which encouraged me.

I've been praying about it all day, and was thinking about it on my walk, when I got hissed at. Have I mentioned how guys will hiss at you if they find you aesthetically pleasing? Usually I pay no mind, but for some reason I turned. It was one of the directors. I felt as if she was my answer. I was able to chat with her about the possibility of going in the mornings and she said that it would be perfect. Chuckling, I explained how I couldn't come this week, or the next, but the following?

"Por su puesto!"

Well, that was easy. And had I taken the bus instead?

I thought s'more about how much I've been able to see people I know in my various transits by foot or by bike. I like, for instance, when the local carnicero Manuel will pass me on his motobike when I'm making the weekly WalMart run. Seeing the locals is something maybe we don't get as much when we're always traveling by car.

But another thing, is it makes you tired, and so with that, I'm out. Buenas noches a todos! Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment