Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just a little note

I have to admit I'm a little embarrassed to share this story, but here it is.

Remember the story I told about my gym trainer? I was compelled to write her a card before my trip to Jujuy to let her know I was praying for her. I told her how I could relate, and I also thanked her for her help to get rid of my extra missionary pounds (haha). While I wanted to give it to her personally, due to schedule conflicts, I had Flor pass it on as she lives just next door to the gym.

When I came in this morning, I was running late due to taking out the trash and taking down my clothes from the line. I joined the group waiting for Ceci to come in and lead us in step (which was pretty killer by the way). When she walked in the room, she beelined to me, gave me a huge hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" she exclaimed and then moved on to the class.

I could see a difference in her composure, but focused on not tripping up on the step :P

Near the end of the class, she announced it in front of everyone. That's the main part of my embarrassment, but I guess it was cool to know that my (most likely poorly written) letter to her made a difference.

"Chicas!" she shouted. "You have no idea what Sharayah gave me last week. Better than any cookie or pie that I've received before!"

Everyone looked at me, and I just sheeply smiled. She told everyone how it made her cry. "I loved it!"

One note. One message to let someone know you care can make all the difference. Who can you write to today? Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment