Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

From Genesis to Revelation

There is a new group of brothers and sister who have been coming to Escuelita each Saturday. I don't know why they started coming so late in the year, but they did, and they seemed to enjoy it. What's crazy, is just when we were giving up on Escuelita, God gave us this gift of kids as if to say, "Keep going."

The Bible memorizing continues, and the sister, Melany, keeps winning. The other brothers have memorized the verses too, but when we go to draw their names from the hat, hers is the one always drawn. What can you do?

I told them that I will be giving away the cereal box I made to look like the Bible, as well as all the leftover goodies inside it to the one who can say the most memory verses next Saturday. Everyone said that they will practice them as best as they can, which is encouraging. I keep thinking about how great it is in general to have these kids want to open their Bibles on their own time, and pray that they'll want to do so more often, not just for the prize.

Melany came up to me afterward though. "I'm going to study real hard. I'll read all the way from Genesis to Revelation," she declared to me.

His Word is sweeter than honey. May these kids realize that, and may the Spirit change their lives by revealing the beautiful nature of our loving and just God. Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment