Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 2 and 3 - Boat and Long Beach

I have less than ten minutes to account for everything in these past two days?? Impossible. So here come the cliff notes.

Yesterday afternoon, Cletis and I joined three others on a 4 hour boat ride in Beagle Channel in order to see sea lions, lots of birds, and a lighthouse way WAYYYY out there. Hence the four hours. The boat shook like crazy, but it was sort of like riding a rollercoaster, so I enjoyed it. The wind, la causa de las ollas, kicked my butt on a short walk in one of the preserved islands where the natives used to live and hunt the sea lions.

We came back exhausted, but I still spent time with my Brazilian friend who taught me a new version of Truco. Then I rented The Spirit to which I ended the night.

This morning, I had no ganas to leave my bed. But when I finally rose, I took a bus with a friend and we enjoyed a nice hike through Playa Larga. There was semi-mountain climbing involved, so it was pretty sweet. We saw more cool birds, but the best sighting was a Zorro!! That is, a fox. I felt so proud for catching sight of it, and even happier when we were able to get real close to it for some photo op! Thanks God!

Took the bus back, but not without running into a fellow Cordoban! We exchanged numbers, and she might be joining us tomorrow for the bike ride to the National Park!

Please pray for safety on this trip, and no rain! I´m excited for the many adventures to come!



Phew.. three minutes left.. what to do... chau!!

No comments:

Post a Comment