Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

She said it all

Tonight marks my first real preaching in Argentina. I remember teaching a little last year in Chaco as well, but the more I look back on it, the more I am certain that no one understood me. This year, I'm pretty sure they got the message. hardy har.

I spoke about something that God had impressed on my heart during Noche Buena, or Christmas Eve. I talked about Psalm 23 as well as Luke 15:1-7, looking at the metaphor of being shepherded by Jesus. I focused on what it means to be broken by God.

When I sat down after my 21 min 26 sec sermonette, the older woman next to me pulled my ear to her mouth. She began speaking quickly and very softly that honestly, I didn't hear much of anything. There were some "thank yous" some "you don't know how much I was blessed by what you just said" and some other things.

All I know was it was enough to confirm that God used me, and that was cool.




In other news: Truco has been played, Fernet has been drunk, siestas have been enjoyed, long drives in the back of a truck with some great friends have taken place, a little PlayStation 3 action, and much much more.

I love Chaco.

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment