Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

It has been a year

Obviously, it has been longer than that. There are a lot of dates to remember.

I've been in Argentina for a year and six months.. just shy of seven really, but I don't know if I should count my time in the States or not.

There are two months until I turn 26.

Johnny, my younger brother here, is turning 18 in a matter of weeks.

But today, today marks a day very special. Last year, I remember celebrating the young Fer Yñiguez' birthday at his home out in the middle of nowhere with all of the other teens from Santa Rosa. There was singing, and I watched with mouth watering as everyone ate these amazing garlic burgers.

Lent will get you every time. haha. (Menos mal este año tuvieron pizza.)

I remember that birthday being amazing because of the testimonies everyone shared for Fer's life. Everyone in a circle spoke of how influential the young man is for their walk with Christ.

And this year, he continued in stride by inviting his friends from school. The intention was for Raul to share about Jesus, and then Fer would share his testimony. As Fer talked about how he himself had never dabbled in drugs or going to boliches, he knows his life has still been full. Better than if he had gone the other route. I admired his courage, and was so glad that the girls from my neighborhood could come to hear his story.

Last year's fiesta was the beginning of some solid relationships with those teens from Santa Rosa. I can't believe that 365 days since then have passed. I am so very thankful.

Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment