Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

The temptation

When I fell on Monday, all I could think about was the couch in my home in Lewisville. A blue, ever so comfy couch we had bought on sale from Rooms to Go. On this same couch, I spent the summer after my junior year of high school, recovering from a surgery on my ACL.

It was a long summer. I probably watched more movies during that summer than in my lifetime up to that point. And now, with less easy-access to movies, perhaps more than for the rest of my lifetime..

It was a depressing summer. I tried to learn to crochet, and failed. I tried reading, and couldn't finish a book. I wanted people to visit, but when they did, I was cold and resentful. I remember having a conversation with my mom about how no one visits me, but the reality was my eyes were closed to those who had.

So when I fell, and felt the same pain in the other knee as what I had felt at the end of my third year in high school. I screamed from frustration more than anything else. Yes, it hurts, but the idea of staying at home, alone, is worse for me.

The boys in LV were scared when I screamed. Then I made them even more nervous by almost crying during prayer time. Again, I was thinking about what I would be missing out on because rest is simply mandatory for injuries like this. And it hurt. Ok, I admit it.

I need prayer because my temptation is that I will become selfish in this. I need discernment on my limits: when do I participate in a ministry or when do I need to stay at home and rest. How long do I rest?

I need prayer to make the initiative for people to come and visit, but without being upset if they are unable to make it. I need creativity in things to do (although it seems to be going well so far!). I need prayer because I am scared I will fall without it.

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful' he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so you can endure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment