Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Where to begin

I know. They say the beginning is a great place to start. And yet, I want to start...


.... here.

She's coming to church with us. She has bought a baby crib. She sold 300 pesos worth of bracelets or other knick knacks to do so. She shares her secrets with me.

Then there's her friend, who has already left to live in the city. Who wants to thank us for helping her son get better (although obviously, that was all God). Who wants to visit the institute whenever I am there.

And then we go back to the original she who sometimes just calls to see how I am doing. Who collaborates with me. Who holds onto my arm when we cook on Fridays all together. Who leans on me when we are sitting next to each other at church.

I leave the institute with a flood of thoughts. The most common is "Praise God." The second most common, "I get to be a part of this??"

"You include me, God???"

Thanks. I pray for endurance. For wisdom. And love.

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment