Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cariñosa

I like this word. It refers to someone who is very sweet and cuddly. So what makes me like this word when I am not the sweetest nor cuddliest person around? Maybe it has something to do with the way it rolls off the tongue.

Cariñosa... o cariñoso.. if you want to refer to a male.

I would describe Ale from the institute as cariñosa. She has been very sweet as of late, and also very open with her life to me. We celebrated Día del Niño with the church yesterday, where I participated in the short puppet show as your stand in malavarista, or juggler. Of course, I had to make sure Luciano came, so I left the house early to drop by the institute and pick them up. On our walk back from all the excitement, Ale and I had a chance to talk about the father of Luciano.

"He just jokes around too much, when we need to be serious," she tells me.

So I asked her if she has ever thought about making a list of what is most important for a man in her life. She said no, and I gave her some examples that come from my own list. She nodded in agreement with how necessary it appeared to be. As we waited at the bus stop, she gave me a huge hug. It seemed like she needed reassurance that her decision to be through with the inconsistent father of Morena was plausible.

On Monday, she was the only girl in the Institute. As both she and I are quite tired of making bracelets, we decided to play Chinchon instead and we laughed and chatted the whole time. It is cute to see her patience with me when it comes to the language; then Luciano comes up and sits on my lap.

As of now, he calls me "So-ro-sho". hehe

I think about this year, and how far we have come in such a short time. Or better yet, how much I have gotten to witness God move in the life of Ale and her son in such a short time. I daydream about what He has in store for her next. If I will be in the picture or not. I pray for a good man for Ale, and that she becomes a strong woman of God.

love and chau, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment