Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

I don't like goodbyes

I suppose no one does. No one is saying, "Woohoo! I get to say goodbye to some of my best friends today!"

Obvio.

But what's weird with these goodbyes is that I know I will be seeing them again. A month and a half just feels like a long time. Especially for my girls in the institute. And some of the kids from Escuelita.. and the youth group.. ahhh...

What is interesting about goodbyes though is you learn who really cares. I was surprised, for instance, with Lucy and my profe Lorena from swimming classes. Both of them gave me hugs and wished me well. Oh, and then the woman who you have to check in with to get to swimming class. She came from around the desk to wish me a buen viaje. Lindo.

At the institute, all of the girls gave me good hugs, as well as a lot of the directors. I sincerely hope that Mariela and Nieves keep going even if I'm not there. I'm sort of leaving this time as a test for them, to see if they'll go without me reminding them. Nah.. I'll probably remind them anyway because it's important the girls know how much they are loved!

I'm about to meet with Flor for our final mates before November; then to the Rodriguez house for the evening (as well as el Refugio with all the kids who call me Seño Messi!). Tomorrow morning, I'll make a few more Argentine purchases and then it's so long Córdoba for a bit! Oh how I am already thinking about missing you!

Another fun fact.. or two. I preached in Spanish last night, and it was so fun for me! I think I even made sense. haha. For this reason, I use visuals (powerpoint), so that in case they don't understand the language, the pictures behind me will help. I talked about Story. If you want the notes, I can send them to you!

Then, there is the super fun news of how proud I am of the institute girls. They made enough bracelets for the Painting with a Twist class my dad will be giving in October (this month! ahh!), and 50 more. FIFTY MORE!! Way to go Ale and Flor! Flor was so funny, saying she isn't going to touch any string (hilo) until I get back. Understandable! Nevertheless, it was good to talk about the need to have a good quantity always ready if they hope to sell in a fair someday!

That's all for now.
Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment