Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lincoln

I like the way that Argentines pronounce "Lincoln." There is a brand of cookies that has a recipe for making a cake--a delicious cake mind you--and that brand is called Lincoln. We made the cake in the institute with the girls last year, and I remember asking Ale to repeat the word several times because I wasn't understanding her. I think it has something to do with the "ln" at the end.

Any way. The other day, I introduced Sol to the movie "Origen", perhaps better known to the English speakers as "Inception." Unfortunately, her dad got home right at the last 5 minutes. When Cobb is still in limbo, looking for Saito. When they fall through the different dream stages to return to the States.

"Well I have absolutely no idea what just happened," he says.

We laugh, because we know it's impossible to explain..

Sol's dad had also asked me once about American football. "Is it true that the quarterback gets all the girls?"

Again, I laughed, but then thought about it. I was watching the tv series "Friday Night Lights" at the time, and thinking about my own high school.

"It kind of is true," I told him. "Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the quarterback is involved with the majority of the plays."

Turns out, he later was talking to Sol about this, and she told me. She said he was quite convinced of the fact, because "Soraya told him so." As seems to be our best response to all things, we laughed some more. But even more so when she told me that just the other day, he bought the Spielberg movie (I had to clarify, make sure it wasn't the vampire one!) "Lincoln" just for me.

"Soraya always brings thinking movies to watch with us," he said. "Here's one about her country and I know I will enjoy it too."

hahahaahaha
love and chau.

1 comment:

  1. :) It's so fun hearing about your stories with that wonderful family. Makes me wish I had stayed longer...I left right when my Spanish was finally getting good! And it's horrible!

    ReplyDelete