Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Talking about money... again

The whole reason I had even thought about $ was because of this cool moment that had nothing to do with me. Well maybe I was some small, middle man, minutia character that some people like, but no. Not really.

It happened when 5 cool kids from the OM Chile team arrived and I had the privilege to cook some pizza for them. A couple from our team was also there to get to know the internationals. A great couple who has been serving humbly in the finances area, an area I have come to realize that is hardly recognized among missionary teams. Thus making it hard for them to raise support; thus leading to the conversation we had at this lunch time.

"While we have been able to get more support in lately, we have had to think about our most important costs and concentrate on paying for those things," said the wife. "Which means, we haven't even been to the supermarket yet."

My heart sunk. Sure, we have a finance issues when it comes to money of the house for example, but God always provides. And yet here is a faithful couple, with their kid, and they may or may not have much to eat this month.

I began to think about any extra money we might have and I realized we weren't able to give at this time. 'God, what do I do?' I thought.

The doorbell rings.

I swear. In this very moment, the doorbell would ring.

A pastor from a local church came by to drop off a couple of offerings. One for one of our missionaries serving in Thailand. One for a trip that a few of our teammates participated in this past January. The gift for the trip would be extra, perhaps something to serve for the next potential trip to the same location (to maintain a working relationship).

I talked with the woman in charge of this trip to see if we could divide the money, and give a percentage to the family. She quickly agreed and there we were, able to provide for our brother and sister! Not my money. Nor would any of the people who had given to the church know the difference they would make.

Oh to see the joy on their faces when they realized they could go to the supermarket.

After all, we ask for bread. He's not going to give us a rock! love and chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment