Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Catching up - Radio


Did I mention I had my own radio show? hehe

Things to put on my resume, perhaps, is that I recently was the host of a morning radio show where I gave a brief reflection time from the book of Proverbs.

It started out where I just wanted to make the most of my time while in 30 de Agosto, visiting Cristian. When he would work mornings and late afternoons, that would sometimes leave me at his home with little to do. I mean, I still was working too, preparing for English camp this year, and I had people to visit: Marisol, Teresa, Sole, Alejandra... Nevertheless, there's often something inside that just begs to do something new... and even if this sounds super missionary of me.. there's often something inside that wants to share the Gospel.

It's not always that I feel this way. Trust me, I am rather selfish.

But this time, it was very different. God reminded me of my former interview on the radio station FM Síntonia. Before it was 96.5 however due to new laws, it changed to 89.9. Random fact that I happened to find interesting.

Any who.. God caused Karina (pictured above with her back to ya) and I to cross paths. It seems she might have been reluctant to have me on the radio, but then God settled that matter through a good friend of hers named Marcela. I am going to fast forward to the details you probably care more about:

1. I got to share a little bit out of the Proverbs every day. Minus the last two days. The first of the two days, I shared my testimony. The final day, both Karina and I shared the gospel through the telling of the story of the Prodigal Son.

2. Karina, Marcela, and I fasted together. During that day, Karina and I were able to spend a good time in prayer and let me just say that I was moved. She is so hungry to know God and have her family know Him.

3. I started to get comments from people at church. One woman just smiled and called me beautiful, which made me blush. Another had gone up to Karina saying, "I like the space you've given to the North American girl!" Perhaps my favorite remark though, goes to Cristian's dad. Even if I stuttered a lot, or wasn't very clear (bound to happen), he always congratulated me, "Good word," he would say. "Very good the Word."

I am reminded once again that we should give up our vacation times to God. After all, look how He had used a vacation to get me to 30 de Agosto in the first place? And now I'm engaged. hehe

love and chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment