Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Days 82, 81, 80 and 79

Day 82: (Wednesday) For the morning, we had the pre-teens Bible study where we surprised by such good conversation about being a disciple of Jesus. We had given the girls homework--a few stories from the Bible to read with their moms and to then answer a few questions. To no surprise, only one did the work, but we were still able to work together with the other characters that the students were to read about.

  • John the Baptist
  • Peter
  • Philip
Next week, if all goes well, we will be interviewing the girls as a sort of Susana Giménez show (the Argentine equivalent to Oprah. sort of...) parody.

I spent the in between time looking up songs for the reception of my wedding! One, I get to pick the songs I actually like, thus avoiding Lady Gaga and the Black Eyed Peas. It's pretty great. Two, fun songs like Suit and Tie get stuck in my head for like.. days. I must admit, a fun tune while brushing your teeth!

Then I went to the institute to hang out with Gladys. We worked on a Pinterest inspired project that turned out pretty good for her. Afterwards, just chatting and making a bracelet. The new girl came in every once and awhile, so I taught her the basic bracelet.

For the evening, David, Esperanza and I played a game called Speed Jungle. New. Different. Hilarious. I left early to talk with Cristian, where we finalized some honeymoon plans (woo!). Also received a new charger for my computer so I can happily say that this post comes to you via Spock.

Day 81: For the morning, I had the privilege of being with all the girls as there was a bus strike throughout the entire country. Not just buses within the city, but to and from other cities as well. Bracelets, per usual.

During the afternoon, especially after a few intense days, I rested. I mean, a little bit of work on the English camps, as well as baking a cake for the Friday meeting, and doing laundry.. but a lot less thinking activities. Except for the baking because I went to Andrea G.'s house to do so, and there was a man from OM Sportslink visiting and we all got to talking.. and thinking.. it's a good thing, just that I was a little tired.

Eva and I watched Miranda whilst she knitted and I made, surprise, more bracelets.

Day 80: Once again, REST!!! Cleaning up my room and throwing away a lot of things. Watching silly Jimmy Fallon videos. Figuring out what I will give away. Watching the season finale of Suits. Perhaps I wasn't making the best of this day as I could have, I'll admit. We so rarely have Friday mornings off that I just didn't even know what to do. At least for the evening we had...


For the first time in at least 4 years, a workshop on evangelism. Different team members shared the ways that they feel most comfortable telling others about Jesus. We had a lot of fun (as you can see). Plus, with asado soon after, I think everyone could enjoy themselves.

Day 79: Today. Weird. I am catching up on various activities. It is a day to plan for the wedding, plan for the English camps, and review my lesson plans with the girls in the institute. Nothing too fancy. I'll go for a walk..

The sad news is I finished the book of Numbers. I actually liked it so much I didn't want it to end. Is that crazy?

Well, if anything more exciting happens, I'll keep ya updated! Love and chau!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment